Thursday, November 27, 2008

on Twilight...


Watching Twilight at the cinema was something i was anticipating to do.. armed with high expectations and with a little knowledge about the movie much more with the story (well, i do know it's not the another-vampire-movie having fed by the lead actress saying that the vampires here were "vegetarians"), i was doomed to be disappointed.

Hardcore action was what I've expected to see although being a vegetarian vampire is sort of off-putting since I'd like to see bloods.. a hell lot of bloods! (lols) Never had I imagined that this movie is a rather cheesy love story. The whole movie is all about the getting-to-know-each-other stage of soon-to-be-lovers where almost, if not all, of the characters talk and talk and talk such that it came to a point that I've found them all irritatingly noisy. (i have to restrain myself from shouting inside the cinema but i didn't get the chance to hold my tongue on retaliating about the scenes) Moreover, I was also appalled by the lengthy scenes where both of the major characters just look at each other..almost to a point where they would devour each other since they were so close to each other that it will only take a second for any one of them to do so.

To sum it up, I really felt I'm cheated with the price I have to pay for the ticket.

But then again, there are some quotable lines that made me shiver but in a nice way:

"I don't have the strength to stay away from you.."
"You are my life now.."

Cheesy, huh?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hintayin nalang natin pare ang underworld..mas action packed pa yun keysa sa twilight chenes...bwesit..ahahah...i wasted 130 for that..

kahit nung pinatay nila ang kontrabida na vampire na kumagat sa kay bella, kulang din ang explanation kung pano nila yun pinatay.nakita ko nalang tinitwist ang ulo end na agad...lamers...

hail to the underworld!

Anonymous said...

santiaƱez! hello! wat do you expect sa twilight! its an obvious fact na love story xa plus nlng ang action scenes! hahaha! dba i told you to read the e-books! not that i super appreciated the movie for all of that stuffs they did with so much fervor i cud tell myself that i so heart the movie, except, for edward or robert pattinson.hehehe. there are certain elements that it was a disAppointment. giguba nya akong fantasy/ imagination pra sa scene nato! urg! pero naejoy ko nman ang movie, its a credit for summit, the directors, the cast, to kristen and Robert. hehehe. tpos santi oi 65 lng ang sine sa gensan. pinakabarato na na maski asa ka muadto. if ngbudget kag 100 for sine may popcorn and drinks k n nyan tpos unlimited pa ang viewing time.hehehe.
tapos gusto ko lng magreact sa ngcomment n wlang explanation ang pagpatay sa vamps. if you were listening carefully inexplain ni edward paano patayin ang mga vamps! unless you want to see blood lots of blood and all ghastly picture of it sorry hope you enjoy the disappointment its not a HORROR flck! yon lang!

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh. you made my day :))

i don't know, but try the next two, it's all better.

still, :)) LOL.