Friday, September 5, 2008

Later..

I've always been time conscious. Time for me is important because as we all know, it is passing. It flies by so fleetingly, so elusive that it can only be captured by cameras through pictures. But then again, like time, cameras and pictures are ephemeral. Cameras and pictures may last longer then we may, still, eventually they’ll come to an end.


The times that have passed can’t be turned back, save from, perhaps through our memory palace. But then again, time is constantly moving; forward, it goes on and on. Never looking back, it leaves us behind with a "closed mind" and with an ultimate goal: to outdo us, to outlive us, to defeat all of us.

But then again, like time, my consciousness of its transience has passed. For a month now, I have been coming not later than 8:30. For a month now, only once did I come to work at a striking 7:58 am. My tardiness has accumulated and has equated to one and a half days of absence. I could only laugh at my own fate. With the meager salary that I am receiving, such tardiness won’t help a bit.

So now, I am waking up from this rather apathetic and oblivious state. Just today, I’ve made my move… I timed in at exactly 8:28 in the morning… Now that’s a change.

5 comments:

Aethen said...

Try using an alarm clock? If 1 doesn't work or if u belong to that group of people who'll tap it to snooze mode, use 3 clocks set at 2 mins interval placed very far from your bed. If it'l work then there will be no deduction on your salary anymore. :)

Moderate your sleep and also the quantity of your meals. Eating sometimes over-dozed people to sleep (pero akin-akin lng yan ha.

An galing ko magpayo noh? Maniwala ka sa akin, late din ako parati eh. And try my suggestion, maybe it will work on you (hindi kasi effective sa akin eh).


mabuhay ang mga parating late!

Magbago na tayo!

-www.aethen.com

wiLfRed said...

wahahaha.. na-touch naman ako dun.. =)) ang adik natin.. mga laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Mikko said...

Lagi ka nalang late. Ayusin mo nga buhay mo!

Wahehehehe. Joke lang.

Mikko is so mean. Mikko is so bad. Huhuhuhu.

wiLfRed said...

maayos na buhay ko mikko.. weeeeee.. mula kahapon eh di ako late sa trabaho.. kahapon time in ko eh 7:55, kanina eh 7:58.. natawa ako kasi ni-congratulate ako nila ate chai..and aga ko raw.. weeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...mas late ka pa nga sakin e, ...mas late ka pa sa boss mo??! hahaha. kahapon lang nga 9:30 ka na dumating. =)